Cleaning up fake user accounts?
Now that you've activated the user creation log, it seems that a lot of fake user accounts are continuously created. It might be that the number of fake users is already quite large. Would it be an idea (if this isn't done automatically yet) to delete users, older than say 3 months, who never contributed anything? Might clean up the wiki database quite a bit.
Cheers and keep up the good work as admin!
Didgeweb 18:36, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- I thought the creation log was visible before? Anyway, I haven't done anything special about it. The MediaWiki software that runs the wiki was updated to a newer version yesterday.
- The new accounts that have appeared today are spammers, but the SpamBlacklist extension is finally working properly and they can't post their spam. :)
- As far as I know, user accounts can't be deleted without editing directly the SQL database. I prefer not to do that. :)
- I can try to put some kind of captcha verification on the registration page. This will solve the problem with new registrations, if these are bots, but not if they are humans.--Daggerstab 18:50, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
Hi Daggerstab. If you're still active, can you look into Thebig-J's behavior? Cheers
Didgeweb 03:55, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
Блок со мной, если хочешь, я никогда больше не будет. Во всяком случае, я не знаю Stellarium.
- I've blocked them. I'll probably give you Administrator rights later, after I check the current condition of the wiki. I haven't logged in for some time.--Daggerstab 15:57, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
Thanks :-) Guess I missed one page when reverting.
Didgeweb 15:58, 9 July 2012 (UTC)