Scripts (prior 0.10.x)
To install a script copy the script file (.sts extension), and any texture files it uses to the scripts sub-directory of your User Data Directory. Instructions with many of these community-donated scripts may date back to older versions of Stellarium, and the instructions provided with the script may be out of date.
User Contributed Scripts
This page contains links to scripts provided by users.
- Matthew Gates: Solar eclipse (Bangladesh, 2009).
- Barry Gerdes: Solar eclipse (Australia 2028).
- Stefan Hittler: Solar eclipse (Germany 1999).
- Vincent Giangiulio: Analemma/ Aurora
- Richard Brice: Transit of Venus (Arabian Sea, 2012).
- Gregory Nuckolls: Your Sign.
- Matthew Gates: Audio test. This script will help you to find out if your version of Stellarium was built with sound support enabled.
- Mitch Gerdisch: helloworld This is a script that was put together to help the new script writer understand some scripting tricky bits.
- Luca Zanchetta: occultation of Saturn 2007 This nice script shows a tour of the Western sky in May 2007, as visible from European Latitudes, paying special attention to the occultation of Saturn by the Moon at this time.
- Raymond Roumeas: occultation of Venus by the Moon, 2007-06-18. Visible from NE of America, Greeland, Iceland, most of Europe, Arabia and SW of Asia.
- Matthew Gates: Zodiac. This script illustrates how to select individual constellations. The constellations of the Western Zodiac were chosen in response to a question in the forums.
- Iva Maric: occultation of Venus and Jupiter 1998. Earth's Moon occults both Venus and Jupiter, as seen from Ascension Island in 1998.
- Iva Maric: planetary alignment 2002. See how the planets were arranged in 2002 - all very close together along the elliptic.
- Iva Maric: Jupiter adventure. Take a trip to Jupiter!
- Iva Maric: Mercury adventure. Take a trip to Mercury!
- Allen Gary: Solar type stars - See nearby solar class stars.
- Adam Fenley: Solar Eclipse 2017 - A total solar eclipse in 2017; as seen from Nashville, Tennessee.
- Please submit!