For official release packages, please see the stellarium.org main page.
Older versions can be downloaded from the project download page.
Stellarium packages for Ubuntu
If you are running Ubuntu, a Stellarium package exists in the Ubuntu repositories. It can be installed either through the Software Center, or through a terminal with the following command:
sudo apt-get install stellarium
As the Stellarium release schedule does not follow closely the Ubuntu release schedule, often the Stellarium version in Ubuntu's repositories is not the latest one. Stellarium's team provides a Launchpad PPA (personal package archive) that allows Ubuntu users to obtain the latest released version.
The page of the PPA in Launchpad is here: Stellarium Ubuntu Releases.
As of January 2011, it contains packages of Stellarium 0.10.6 for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) and Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat).
To install the packages from this PPA, you need to add it to your system's Software Sources. The PPA address is:
You can add it either in the Software Center, or with a terminal, using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stellarium/stellarium sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install stellarium
Please do not report bugs found in unofficial builds. Also, treat them as you would any software whose source cannot be easily verified (i.e. with caution).
If you have, or know about, other unofficial builds (previews etc.), please list them here.
For Stellarium 0.10.2/Ubuntu i386
- Bundle containing AngleMeasure, CompassMarks, Ocular, TextUserInterface and Satellite plugins. Un-tar this in your ~/.stellarium directory: stellarium-plugin-bundle.tar.bz2
For Stellarium 0.10.2/Win32
- Bundle of plugins (AngleMeasure, CompassMarks, Ocular): stellarium-plugin-bundle.exe
- AngleMeasre 0.0.5 (including configurable display colors via the module.ini file) stellarium-anglemeasure-plugin.exe
- Satellites plugin installer (v0.1.1): stellarium-satellites-plugin.exe
For Stellarium 0.10.5/win32
- With the release of version 0.10.5 the principal plugins are now static and will be automatically loaded when invoked from the configure menu
- Barry Gerdes maintains some updated pre-built patches and extras for Windows systems, which you can find on his site.
- Zip file containing all the open source telescope servers here.
Some people have problems with their browsers: the browser silently unpacks the gziped file. If you suffer from such a problem, just rename the downloaded file to TelescopeServerLx200.exe (or similar).
- With version 0.10.5 the expanded telescope control plugin is now loaded and configured from the plugin section of the confugure menu (F2)