Talk:Known issues with video drivers
Thanks Pay for your hint!
It gives me a clue as to what might be going on... perhaps it's because the dialogs were being placed at a sub-pixel position... I discovered this by noticing a fuzzy look to the dialog until it is moved. That is fixed in the development version.
Could you also try dragging the dialog around instead of resizing it and post here what results you have? Matthewg42 17:34, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry. I no longer have access to the computer with the ATI Radeon. I will try to do that "dragging experiment" next weekend.
- I honestly know nothing about programming graphic interfaces, but to me it seems that what is going on is that the graphics card is "supplying pixels" for a dialog box of a certain pixel width, but arranging them into a dialog box of smaller width, so that the excess pixels from one line move down to the next one, thus displacing the pixels from the next line. At least that is what I thought when I saw the problem, and what gave me the idea to try resizing the box. Notice the behaviour when changing the width:
- PS. Congratulations for Stellarium software, it is truly wonderful! :)
- --Pak 22:19, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
- I have tried dragging the dialog box. Nothing happens when the dialog box is dragged, the dialog box remains corrupted. If the width is resized so that the dialog box displays correctly, then dragging the dialog box just drags it correctly as expected. Also resizing the height does not solve the "corruption". --Pak 13:46, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
It seems that people are confusing the Intel issue of previous versions with the ATI issue in 0.10.3/0.10.4.
Whose bright idea it was to lump all issues in a single page?--Daggerstab 09:54, 5 May 2010 (UTC)