X11 display problems on laptop 1280x800
I have installed Stellarium and updated the default_config.ini with the relevent values. However after I have restarted Stellarium I still have the same problem.
- Hello Mike, I moved this here, because the FAQ is supposed to be a list of answers. Are you discussing this on the forum as well? Best to keep watching the forum, as most advanced users frequent it. If we find a solution, it'll be added in the FAQ.--jome 06:24, 11 November 2006 (PST)
Think on new comets. Is it possible to upload new objects into stellarium?
It is possible to add new solar system bodies by editing the ssystem.ini file, however when the orbit of the objects are very eccentric, it fails in the latest release version. The svn (development version) handles eccentric orbits better, and it is possible to use Stellarium to predict the position of comets in this way. However, there is presently no accurate visual representation of a comet. Matthewg42 00:41, 15 January 2007 (PST)
The Link on 60 Hz to comcast.net is not working (anymore). Can somebody please correct this? User:Felixkamer
- What do you mean? Matthewg42 12:54, 21 February 2007 (PST)
- added a link to another page. If that's dead, the 60 Hz Windows problem is well known, Google it and you'll find plenty of people running into this Windows bug.--jome 14:47, 21 February 2007 (PST)
I have being attempting to add an asteroid with a slightly eccentric orbit, to the ssytem.ini file, and although it appears in stellarium, it is in the wrong place. Some of this error was due to the fact that the orbit period is measured in days rather that the more usual years, but it is still not in the right place. Does anyone know what units the other parameters are measured in, and what plane the different angles are measured from?
If i can successfully enter an asteroid successfully, i will write a standalone program that allows users to write their own asteroids into stellarium, but first i have to be able to add one manually!
- Is this in the release version (0.8.2) or are you encountering problems in a recent development version you compiled? Johannes greatly improved the comet display capablities of Stellarium, and the features will be available in the next official release. In the mean time, you could compile development versions. Details are on this wiki. Check the topics under "developers" on the main page. --jome 06:56, 26 March 2007 (PDT)
I think it would be a good idea to mention in the "Misc" section of the FAQ that Stellarium does not currently support Iridium flare prediction. --Bob the Hamster 00:16, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- This is planned as part of the Satellites plugin. Right now, flares and brightness isn't calculated, but it's on the TODO list. If you know a resource on the intarwebs which explains how to do the calculation, please link it here. Matthewg42 01:28, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- I think this might help introducing this very interesting feature into stellarium: http://iridiumflares.sourceforge.net/ It is an open source application that predicts iridium flares.--Snahrck 00:17, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Cannot install Stellarium
I'm not sure if this should be here or not but I'm having problems running the EXE file. I get a error message saying
Microsoft Visual C++ runtim libary
This application has requested tyhe runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application supprt teamk for more info.
Does anyone know why this is.
The fist time is installed Stellarium it work but when re opening it it didn't.
Thanks in advance
No, this is not really the proper place. You should open a support request or post to the forums. Probably this is an opengl driver issue (80% of all problems are). Get the latest drivers for your hardware and try again.
Typos in FAQ page
- See the the Plugins page -> See the Plugins page
- at the time of it's creation -> at the time of its creation
-Nikai 11:56, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
need some clue
Hi to all, I don't know if this is the right place for some questions (if not I will not care if admin delete this post) I would like to print some high-resolution maps of Stellarium, but I have some inconveniences. First of all, it is possible to display ONLY the horizon with a single line. In the config file I it seems to me I can only choose a landscape or nothing at all. The only solution is to create a landscape made of a single line? Thank you for the software!